Friday, October 30, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy


Sometimes I get real fed up with living in a world filled with gruesome and sad news or news that serves the agenda of the person or network sharing it! I think that it is worthwhile to share some good news as we hear it. I think it is even better that we share news about good and selfless young people that rise above their peers and the low standards set by todays society. I think I will begin pointing out these stories as I hear them. Sadly, they are buried under headlines of sad and pathetic news, but they do exist. I will make it my responsibility to find them and focus on the good in the world.

"It makes me feel proud just knowing I am doing a good deed."
~ Alex, 11

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Cool story!

I really believe there are more of these kinds of people in the world than ones who are selfish and live for their own means. But like you said they don't sell news, so we don't hear them enough. The silent majority who are the good, kind, christian, loving, giving, faithful, and strong are "silent". We need to become noisier...blow our own horns, or those horns of people we know.

Let's try to lift the spirit of our people and the nation. Let's be a part of it.

(Okay I'll get off my soapbox now.)