Saturday, May 3, 2008

By Show of Hands...

By show of hands, how many are sick of hearing how freaking cool our neighborhood is? I can't see how many are raising their hands, but I don't care anyway. I love our neighborhood. This evening, around 8pm, I went outside to see what was going on, and in a matter of minutes, fourteen of us (Us, Ashbys, Fransons, Boshells, Griffiths, Blackhursts and Petersons) had gathered and decided to go bowling and out for dessert. It was so much fun. The best part is always sitting around chewing the fat. Some of the stories that are told are tooooo funny. I have been so blessed with a good ward and good neighbors growing up and am happy that is the case still today; good ward and good neighbors surround me.

I was able to visit with my good friend Casey (KC). She is married to one of my best friends, Tim. Their youngest daughter looks just like him. It was good to see them, but it is always too far in between visits.

Five days 'til Puerto Rico!!!! Got some new board shorts and some other clothes today. I really need a break. Now I just need to figure out how to lose 60 pounds before we leave.....

5 comments:

Casey said...

Wow. Thanks for mentioning me on your blog. I feel so privilaged. It was great to see you to. I wish I could have visited with Sarah also. And no, you weren't in the way. I am sorry it got so hectic. Can't wait to see you again. Hope it's sooner than 3 or 4 years.

Kent said...

I raise my hand... Happy for you guys but a bit jealous.

Tara said...

Hey Marque!!!! I am glad you stopped by my blog. We are all doing great! I saw your Disneyland photos. We were there around the same time. Too bad we didn't run into each other! Take care.

Leslie said...

How and why did you see Casey? It's neat you got to. Hi Casey!

I'm so glad you have a great neighborhood. You are blessed for sure!

Tiffany said...

I miss living in a great neighborhood like that-here in the ghetto outskirts of Portland you walk out your front door to your view of the strip club in front of you, the view of the bar to the left and your car to the right-you try not to make eye contact with your neighbors as you serpentine to your car just in case one of them is high on meth and has a gun. I'm exagerating of course. (But only a little).