Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ahhhh....R & R on Mum's Day!!!

This is a guy we saw around the resort. We thought it was funny the way he wore his shorts.
This is me mimicking that guy above.
Grabbing a cold pina colada (sans alcohol) at the pool side grill
Two of the three pools at the resort.
We hung out on the beach until the sun went down
A self portrait on Dorado Beach
The resort villas on the cliff above the bay
Dorado Golf and Ocean Club
Jim and Sam having lunch at the Paradise Grill
Scooter covering up for a photo...he is so modest.
A great activity...nothing.
My brother, Jim multi-tasking.

Day 3

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. We wish you were here! Sunday on the islands of the Caribbean is a big time family day. Most stores are closed, everyone goes to mass and then it is family time on the beach. Because there would be nothing to do, or anyone to take us there, we decided to make a relaxing day of it at the resort. We didn't do much, but lay around, swim in the pool, swim in the ocean and eat. It was a great day. Jim, Sam and Scott bought snorkeling gear and enjoyed observing the ocean life in the bay outside of the resort. I did not as I could not due to my skin condition. It hurts my head toooooo much. I tried to avoid the salt water on my face as long as I could, but eventually it affected me. I am always amazed at just how painful it is. I don't know if anyone can really understand. If someone told me that water hurt so much, I would find it hard to believe if I did not have this condition. It does look somewhat painful almost immediately, so that allows others to kind of understand, but I don't think anyone could without experiencing it. None the less, we had a fun time, other than the pain.

4 comments:

Kent said...

Pants to your nipple line is a good look for you.

Timbo said...

Q,

Do you still tell people that you got ran over by someone surfing for your explanation about your "condition" on your forehead (just like you would to pick up girls in HS)?

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I did get ran over by a surfboard. Or was it that I was jumped by a gang? Or was it that I got cut while lifting a car off a trapped child? I can never remember.

Rhett and Jenteal said...

What a fun trip! Great old man look!!