Our Hotel, the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental
Grace Cathedral
Huntington Park
Cable Car Museum
YEAH!!!! Cable Cars!!!!
Day 1
Both Sarah and I have been to San Francisco as children, but not since we have been married. The first day was very relaxing. First, we checked into our room at the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental. This is a very nice and old hotel on Nob Hill. The room was a little small, but it was lavishly decorated and made you feel like a success. I got sick of handing out tips left and right! After resting for a few minutes, we walked around a bit. We went to Grace Cathedral, which our room looked over. What an amazing building, so beautiful with the stained glass. The architecture was awesome! A humongous structure made entirely of stone. I know the tabernacle in SLC is a great feat, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Grace Cathedral. We walked around Huntington Park and then to China town and the Cable Car museum. This museum was not so much a museum as it was a tour of how the cable cars work. We saw the working wheels and got to go underground to see the cables in action. Not a lot of action really, just a cable turning on a wheel. It was neat none the less. We left most of the activities for the final day. We had lunch at the Top of the Mark which had a simple California cuisine menu and breathtaking 360 degree views of San Francisco. We had dinner in our room. Between the two meals it cost $113. Everything is expensive in San Fran.
2 comments:
Wow, what fun. I have been to San Fran. lots of times but you probably saw more than I ever have in just those few days. I love it there. Mostly the Sourdough bread. Nothing beats that.
Amen to the sourdough bread! If there was one thing I miss, it's that, well, maybe the ocean, but the bread almost as much!
I'm so excited that you guys got to go on this trip, thanks for sharing so much of it. I went to SF so much while I lived in CA, but it seems like we always did the same things over and over instead of checking out new places. I'll have to make it out there again some day. I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment