Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why My Mom Loves Me...Let Her Count the Ways!

I am sure my Mother is going to love that I posted this picture!
I was going through a pile of papers organizing for my 2007 taxes (puke!) when I came across a letter from my Mother. She sent me this letter for my 37th birthday and it catalogs the reasons why she loves me. 37 reasons to be exact...one for each year I had lived. I have pretty good parents, but they are clearly give me too much credit. If I was half as good a person as they believe I am, I would be quite the man. Thank you for loving Mom and Dad. Below are the reasons:

1. "What is bought with coin of pain is dearly kept." And we all know I went through 100 million hours of labor to have you.
2. Your gratitude. I've told so many people how you write daily about what you are grateful for.
3. Your attitude. You always have a positive attitude, and if it isn't, you adjust it.
4. You have such compassion.
5. Your generosity without expecting anything in return.
6. An awesome sense of humor.
7. You are a loyal friend. You remind me of your grandma, and a little of me, in that you keep in touch with old friends as well as new ones.
8. You are a loving husband. I love you two together...too wonderful to watch people in love.
9. You live a Christlike life. Emulating His love and example.
10. Appreciation - I know this sounds the same as gratitude, but in this case I mean how you always express it so well to those who gave.
11. Humility - Marque? You are humble about any successes you have and willingly share your successes with others.
12. Private. You let others know your boundaries and you respect theirs too.
13. Responsibility++++This must be an oldest child's syndrome. You take care of your family, your extended family and others too.
14. Success. We always knew you would be successful at whatever you put your mind to and you are!
15. You don't complain, and there are lots of things you could complain about. But you choose to fix the things you can, accept the things you can't or just ignore them.
16. You couldn't be a better uncle. I know Mady and Hailey think so, and I'm sure Elijah and Cole think so too.
17. Good gift giver. You always know the perfect gift for everyone. It's a gift and talent I wish I had.
18. Non Judgmental. You truly accept everyone as they are. You also help them find humor in themselves.
19. You are charismatic! Like your Grandpa...You can go into a room of strangers and in a matter of 30 minutes everyone feels like they know you.
20. You always know how to motivate people.
21. You have always lived a straight life.
22. Concerned for others needs. "Mom, are you and Dad okay? Need any money?"
23. You feel remorse about the small ways you have erred and you seek forgiveness.
24. You never felt displaced or were angry at us when we had to focus our attentions on one of your brother's needs.
25. You are self motivated and you never quit.
26. What a leader you are. People always look up to you.
27. Good organizer. Most of your church ball games were won because you got all the players there and your team never forfeited. Now you are the one to get the friends together.
28. No one would ever know you have health issues. You always just carry on.
29. Great fan! Especially for USC, but also for other teams and others!
30. You tolerate things you don't enjoy, but never let anyone know you are just tolerating.
31. You recognize the importance of family - yours, ours, Sarah's, the extended clans.
32. You have a great sense of humor. I love your April Fool's jokes and your pranks.
33. You have a strong testimony of the church and it has never waivered.
34. You serve.
35. Gathering and cherishing memories is important to you.
36. You are trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.
37. You are a terrific son who loves his Mom and Dad!!!

It is easy to love your parents when they are as great as my Mum and D.O.D. I pray for their happiness and peace daily. They deserve the best.

5 comments:

eran said...

I think I saw you on Friday near Thanksgiving Point.

Eran

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I would believe that. We just built a new office across from the Xango building and moved in last week. Where were you?

Unknown said...

That is really something to cherish..

Tiffany said...

Sounds pretty right on to me!

Anonymous said...

I think they are right on! This is the person you are....and when you are 50 years old I won't have any trouble at all coming up with 13 more things! No problem at all. Thanks for giving us credit for you being a great guy!