Saturday, March 22, 2008

Have Positive Attitude Will Travel


I have always believed it is important that you always maintain a positive attitude. Don't get me wrong, I am not naive to the reality that sometime life sucks! I am very aware of that. Don't get me wrong again, I do not think my life sucks, but I also experience sucky things. I believe that I can control my attitude in the midst of those sucky things. For instance. We have not been blessed with a child as of yet. This really, really sucks!!! With that said, I have tried my best to remain positive while experiencing this trial. I do this for two reasons; 1) I love Sarah and want to be strong for her. I know it bothers her and I don't want my being bothered to add to her being bothered. Did that make sense? 2) I don't get anything out of feeling, acting or appearing miserable. It does get me down sometimes. Lately it has a lot, but I choose to put a smile on my face and control that which I can control.

We, Sarah and I, have always said we would travel as much as we could until we had children. I don't think either of us believed it would take this long! We have been true to our world and have visited many National Parks, states and countries. Our next couple months are planned and we are getting ready. I went tanning today and it hurts and itches! Our first trip is planned to California in April to take my nieces to Disneyland for their birthdays. We will also visit the rest of the famn damily while we are there. Madyson has a dance recital that weekend, so hopefully we can watch her groove too! In mid May we are heading to Puerto Rico to stay at a sweet golf resort right on the beach. We plan on eating, laying on the beach, swimming, golfing, hiking, site seeing, etc. We are going with my brothers, Jim and Scott and Jim's wife Samantha. We are excited to hang with them. A week after that, we go to San Fransisco for five days. We are staying in a beautiful hotel on Nob Hill and are anxious to see the sites. We also have Ward Trek in Wyoming in June, I have a Scout camp (h2o skiing) for a week at Bear Lake in Idaho, and we have a family reunion in August. In September we have USC vs. Ohio State at the Coliseum and then in October we are heading to Disneyland for four days with my nephews (their parents are coming too). We plan on hitting the USC vs. Oregon State game too. That takes us to the holidays!

Whew! We try to stay busy. I have been paying for everything in advance hoping that Murphy's Law might jinx us and we will lose all that money because a child will come. Wouldn't that be great!? In the meantime, we will keep smiling and flying!

4 comments:

Jes said...

If you guys are driving to Cali, you should stop and see us in Vegas. Have fun with all the travel, and I hope you get jinxed. I've always admired your positive attitude. It's funny how when you think you have a skill or gift, it always seems to be tried excessively. I guess Heavenly Father knows you can handle it.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

We will be flying to Cali in April, but driving in October with the Reeds. We will definitely have to stop and say hello.

Thank you for the compliments.

Unknown said...

Have so much fun on all your trips...you guys deserve it!

Anonymous said...

You do have positive attitudes, both of you. I think you come from a long line of optimists Marque. It is important to recognize the problem and resolve it...which I think you do....some people just deny to remain happy.

I know you will both be excellent parents and will be so grateful for the opportunity to bless a child's life.