Thursday, March 27, 2008

Journal Versus Blog

I have really come to like blogging. I enjoy writing blog entries as well as reading other's blog entries. This is not surprising as I have always been an avid journal writer. I have over a dozen journals that I am currently in the process of putting on my computer. Blogging is great to keep those closest to you to keep in touch and informed of your going ons. I am not inclined to include a daily or weekly account of how things are in my life as a whole. In other words, I am selective in what I choose to share. This is why a journal is so much more important. Unfortunately, I have not made one journal entry since beginning this blog. I really need to do a better job of balancing my blogging with my journal writing. Does anyone feel the same way? Are there any suggestions out there?

7 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

I'm not a good journal keeper, I also don't write a lot on my blog. I guess I'm not good at sharing my thoughts. You're very good at that, a lot of other people's blogs are good that way too. I agree that blogging is a great way to keep people updated and in touch with your happenings. I think personal journaling is important too though, I need to do better at that.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Jenteal, You are awesome!

Unknown said...

I agree that blogging is awesome and if you are not journaling it is the way to go. That being said, I'm glad you are still keeping a journal. First of all, I think you will write deeper thoughts and more meaningful things that perhaps you wouldn't want everyone to read but could be VITAL to your children or grandchildren. Plus there is something magical about reading someone's thoughts in their own writing. I've had rich experiences with my relatives journals and even my own as I find they went through the same things I did and it is verified with their own handwriting which I imagine took time for them to do as it does for us. What a great sacrifice! Sorry to go on, but I'm pretty passionate about this subject and I think the most important thing is to just DO IT. If blogging is how you get it done, great but if you can keep up with the journaling I say even better!

Unknown said...

I may just have to blog on this.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

So true. I have always kept a journal with the thought in mind that my posterity will have the opportunity to know me and hopefully learn from me. I anxiously await your blog on this subject.

Jes said...

I have a personal blog that is mostly private, in addition to my family blog. I started it with the intention of journaling, mostly spiritual experiences, but really whatever I was feeling. It seems though, that I am just as bad at recording there as I am at writing in my journal. It just doesn't make sense because I really like journalling. So I make a point to at least include some of the things I would write in a journal, like my testimony and big and little things we are going through.
Maybe you'd be good at the personal, private blog thing.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Good idea. I just might try that.