Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kids In America

Down town the young ones are going
Down town the young ones are growing
We're the kids in America
We're the kids in America

Another tradition we started for the Cul-De-Sac of Fire was the kid's bike parade.  The kids decorated their bikes, scooters and strollers in patriotic colors and paraded them for all the parents.  The children really seemed to enjoy this.  They were passing out candy and having a great time.  While they pedaled around the cul-de-sac, we had patriotic music playing such as "Proud To Be An American", "Kids In America" and "Heartland".   We have a bunch of great kids in our neighborhood.  It has been fun to see them grow up and we are excited that Leah is so loved by all of them.  Leah will never have a shortage of friends.   Here are a few pics of the kids.  I tried to get them all. 
Getting ready to roll
Jack
Corbin
Maya
Brennan
Owen
Nathan
Bella Balloo!
Gabby
I can't remember her name, but she is the happiest and nicest girl.  She is always smiling.
Taylor
Ruby
Ella
Mandy
Mitch
Sadie
Jordan 
Abby
Owen
Tanner
Isaac
Kayden
Ashley
Macey
Tyler, the biggest little kid

Hayden
Mandy
Peyton
Peyton
Leah:  "Hey Freak!  Who are you supposed to be?!"
Tyler:  "Batman!  What about you?!"
Leah:  "Read the sign!  I am the Belle of Liberty!"
Of course, we saved the best for last.
Little Lady Liberty

3 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

What a cute little lady liberty!!

BreeAnn said...

Hey Q what kinda camera do you use? I'm in the market for a new one, and I love the pictures you take!

Leslie said...

You have some really cute munchkins in your neighborhood. What fun those kids had! They will always remember this experience. Do you remember Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs Marque?

Lady Liberty is wonderful and as cute as a little princess I know.