Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Nine Months Little Leah Caity B!


As of the 15th of this month, our little Leah Caitlin Bliss Trosper is nine months old!  Man!  The time flies by and it is bitter sweet to watch our little one grow older.  This picture above is the very most recent picture of Leah.  Lately, she doesn't like to eat and as you can tell, Mom tried her best, but Leah won!  I believe that is pears, prunes, rice, beans and formula all over her cute little mug!  Happy birthday Little Leah Loo Whoo!
It was also Caitlin's 17th birthday recently.  We are so proud of her.  She is our angel and I don't know if she will ever understand how much we appreciate her.  We are excited for the great life she will no doubt live and pray regularly for her safety, happiness and strength.  We love her and her family so much.  Happy Birthday, Caitlin!
Caitlin respectfully requested that she can go swimming with Leah for her birthday.  She has always been so careful regarding our boundaries and so respectful of how we may feel.  We obliged the request so long as we could go.  I was hopeful not to offend her request with my counter-offer.  Being a Father is interesting.  I find myself being over protective and extra cautious.  Swimming is one of these things that brings out the worst in my need to control.
Leah had a blast with her eternal friend, Caitlin.  We had a great discussion with Caitlin regarding the divine relationships between all of us here on earth.  When you look at the great picture, we are each, even parents and children, brothers and sisters.  Parents have a special responsibility to care and nurture for their younger brothers and sisters (sons and daughters).  Caitlin is our angel.  Leah is our greatest blessing.

Dad loves swimming.  It took everything I had not to jump right in, but I wanted Caitlin to have her time with the little tadpole.
Leah is so inquisitive about everything.  Very alert.  Very interested in knowing about new things.  Even a stranger sitting next to Sarah at the pool commented on how brave and alert Leah was.  She really is bright, but then again, I am her biased Father.
Leah has only shown fear a couple times.  She is really not afraid of anything.  This is a scary thought to me, and helps me to understand that I need to stay on my toes!  She is a natural swimmer.  Could this be genetic.  Caitlin is a strong swimmer as well, though she isn't sure she will participate on the swim team this year.  I think she should.
The two Caitlins ready to make some waves.
Leah looking at the camera for a picture for the rarest of times!
Caitlin took us to her work, a restaurant in West Jordan for some good grub.  Here she is visiting with Leah while we wait for our food.
Leah is eating solids now...if you can call them solids!  I call them gross.  She also likes to play in them.  Leah is powered by creamed rice, mashed bananas, mashed peas, mashed carrots, mashed green beans, apple sauce, peaches, whole bananas, whole carrots, formula and MUM-MUMS (a rice cookie). 
This is one of Leah's friends, Shilo.  Shilo was born about a week before Leah.  They are friends and their parents are friends.  Brian and Jessica will be moving away from us soon and it saddens us to think about it.  They have been fun neighbors, diligent home teachers, great travel companions and fantastic friends.  We truly hope to keep in touch with them after they move.  I would love to watch Leah and Shilo grow older together.
Again, inquisitive!
If you haven't noticed, the Ashbys love Leah and she loves them right back.  The other day I got home from work and I was so excited to see my girls.  Of course, I had to go next door to see Leah!

Cowboy Cait!
Leah Dirt!  "Life's a Garden, Dig it!"
Momma loves to do her daughters toenails.
I forgot to list Kiwi!
She sleeps when she isn't supposed to and is learning to be awake when she should be sleeping!
Her hair is still golden blond.  Her eyes are still deep blue.  Her skin is still porcelain white.
Happy Nine Months, Little Leah.  Your Mother and Father (and countless others) love you and are so happy to know you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful post. She is a very alert, strong, smart girl. And so very cute!! It is fun to watch her grow. Happy 9 months! Petersons

Unknown said...

She is growing up so fast and so beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing all these pictures.
My friend has recently adopted another baby...I saw her last night for the first time. I think adoption is one of the greatest gifts we've been given. This was a very sweet tribute.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

You guys are amazing.. To be able to share Leah so openly with Caitlyn and for her to deal with it so well.

Caitlyn looks so happy and glowing.. she is a true angel!

Rhett and Jenteal said...

That nine months went by fast. We love Leah!

Leslie said...

Sarah and Marque,

I cannot express how grateful this Gramma is for your blog, your picture taking ability and frequency.

My heart just explodes every time I see pictures of this little gal. It would be impossible to love her any more, just wish it could be more often.

I think the relationship you have with Caitlyn is absolutely incredible. You truly are blessing her life as she has blessed yours and all of ours. You can tell the love she has for Leah and she must be so grateful that the little girl she brought into the world is in such a safe, happy, and loving home.

I love you both and I am so proud of who you are.

hoppygirl said...

It really is amazing how fast the time goes. She is absolutly beautiful and you are both amazing parents. At every stage of Amy I have said it is my favorite. It just doesn't seem like it could get any better but at every milestone it somehow does in many different ways. I am sure you understand what I mean.

As for the swimming...well Amy was the same. She had no fear which scared me to death. Anytime we were around water she ran straight to it as I am sure Leah will do too. So Amy learned to swim at 2 1/2. It is the only way to make you feel a little better.

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

Love this girl I have to have my daily dose of Leah. Thanks Kaitlin you are truly an angel.

Unknown said...

You guys are awesome parents! Not only do you love that little girl to pieces (not that it's hard, she is so cute!)but you have opened your hearts to everyone sharing this experience with you. Thanks for being who you are and sharing it with the rest of us!