I have been married for over six years now to Sarah. Other than the occasional golf trip or Scout camp, she has been by my side. When she is not by my side, I am typically distracted enough to survive her absence with relative ease. This weekend, she went to Saint George with some of the neighbor gals for a weekend of relaxation, pampering, shopping and whatever else it is that girls do (pillow fights, compare bra sizes, etc.). Because I have to work tomorrow, Leah is at Sarah's mother's house. I am alone. There were no distractions for me this time and I quickly came to a conclusion that Sarah is my life. I actually debated staying late at work! I became bored with the prospect of being at home alone before I actually got half way home! I instead ran a couple errands and killed as much time as I could walking around the Albertson's looking for something to fill the void of loneliness. Unfortunately, with two days left until the first weigh in for American Fork's Biggest Loser contest, I could not eat anything that would drown my sorrows. After buying a head of lettuce, a tomato and some dressing, I went to my quiet home and, without eating, went to bed. I hate the single life and I am so glad this is only a two day adventure. At least Saturday will be fun. I will be able to go golfing and eat whatever I want because it is my free day. To top it all off, Sarah will return to me!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How sad. How sweet.
I'm glad Sarah had the opportunity to have a "girls day", and that Christine got to play with Leah. I am just imagining you wandering around Albertson's in your favorite veggie department looking for solace.
Love you! Good luck on your weigh in!
haha, girls do not compare bra sizes. and rarely do pillow fights occur. :) you wish.
i dread the day that me and my hubby have to be apart. i never want it to come. we are not at the stage yet where we have girls' nights or boys nights' so i can't even imagine a whole weekend without him.
buck up little camper. sorry that your lonely :(
Welcome to my world. Try 12 days once a month!
Glad to see you are so happy with your family. It's sad that more men don't feel that way. Good luck on your weigh in. Wish I could attend the Chino 3rd reunion. I told my sis about it and she may try to show up.
I know how you feel. I do the same thing everytime Brad leaves town. Stay late at work, go to the store and wander around, run all the errands I avoid. I just hate it. Hopefully tomorrow comes fast for you!
Post a Comment