Another day, another dirty diaper changed in the car
SHEESH! Get a room!
Master Rock Climber
Little Leah the outdoor enthusiast.
The Trospers in the Valley of Goblins
What a beauty
Scott the goblin on top of a natural rock goblin
The Valley of Goblins is a must see. Acres of thousands of crazy rock formations that is a natural playground. We are definitely going to go back and take our nephews. They will love it!
This is the first time I have seen pictographs. I have seen hundreds of petroglyphs, but pictographs are a bit more rare.
Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates the history, petroglyphs and pictographs of the ancient Americans. As you can see, there are bullet holes in the rock where someone used the rock art as target practice and a moron named ROB wrote his name in 1977. Idiots. This really angers me.
These are the pictographs taken from afar. Quite an amazing site. Thanks for the tip, Kent.
Steamboat Butte near Giles Ghost Town
Sarah in Giles Ghost Town
We would have explored more, but the road to the Giles Ghost Town Cemetary went through a river a few times, and is susceptible to flooding in bad weather...which we had.

Scott and Cynthia traveled in style in Cynthia's Yukon. We rented a POS Traverse. DON'T BUY ONE!
The other side of Steamboat Butte
Crossing the river
Leah slept through her entire visit to her third national park, Capitol Reef
Sarah is crazy daring! This jump had a drop of 1500 feet straight down!
Fruita Grade School
She missed that jump and is hanging on for life
She made it!

Another Beautiful National Park in Utah. It is crazy to me that 90% of Utahns have never visited the National Parks that are in their own state. About 50% of all visitors to Utah's National Parks are from Europe or other continents.
Scott flexing for everyone on the Capital Reef
2 comments:
As I was looking at the pictures of Leah, I thought how wonderful it is that you have started her early on the path of appreciation for nature. She will see those parks and several more besides in her lifetime.
I have to agree, Utah is amazing. You have inspired me to visit our national parks. I have to know, does Sarah ever take a bad picture? If she has could you post it so I can feel a little bit better about my own inability to look decent in a photo. She is so pretty and so photogenic. You do have two beautiful girls.
Post a Comment