Memory #1 - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Memory #2 - Playing Games such as Risk


Memory #3 - Tracting in the Rain

Memory #4 - Sitting in Front of the Fireplace
In the words of Milli Vanilli (or whoever it was that was actually singing those songs) "Blame it on the Rain!" It appears Spring may have finally arrived, at least by the sound of the rain outside. At least it isn't snow. I like the rain, really. I have many fond memories of rain. My mission for one. It rained ALWAYS in British Columbia. Of course, not always, but one area I lived in received more rain on an annual basis than did Ireland! Rain always brings back fond memories of my mission. Secondly, the flooded Pipeline. Pipeline Avenue constantly flooded when it rained. In spots, they had two foot curbs to corral the rain. We used to cruise to Pipeline and try and hydroplane, or splash kids on the side of the street, or stand on the side of the street to be splashed! Fun times. Lastly, it reminds me of home. I don't know how often we did this, but for some reason rain causes reminiscing of playing games in front of the fireplace. I wish we had a fireplace and I wish I had someone to play Risk with. Oh well. Happy thoughts at least.

4 comments:
I hated tracting in the rain! The rain and my hair were not friends!!! I love to watch the rain from inside...I'll take the fireplace.. I don't have a clue how to play risk??
BTW Thanks for getting this song stuck in my head all morning.... We always thought they were lip syncing "Blame it on Dwayne"
Q,
When I think of rain, sometimes I often think about being in HS and having the time to play that impromtu game of mud football with all of the guys. You, me, Jay, Duane, whoever else we could get to get really muddy and really dirty, What fun days those were when we had all the time to do just whatever!
Oh, if you are wondering why I am up so late, Heather Richardson is here with her husband and two kids as they pass thru on their way to visit family. She & Casey are chit chating and I am just blowing off time.
Later--
That made me feel warm and toasty to think of games....I think it was Life more often than Risk....in front of the fire.
I hope you don't have rain on your trip, but I hope you get to enjoy games with Scott, Cynthia and Sarah. More memories....
Post a Comment