Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HOLIDAY!!!! Part Uno


I have been so busy and stressed at work the past month that I needed a holiday!   We were so excited to go on vacation.  Even if it meant doing nothing!  Which is exactly what we did the first two days.  
Everyone said that we would stop traveling once we had children.  Of course, I took that as a personal challenge.  After two vacations, I can say we have not and will not let Leah slow us down.  We have actually enjoyed taking her with us.  With that said, I can see why some faint of heart choose to eliminate traveling from their lifestyle once they have a child.  It definitely is a different ball game.  Three times the bags.  Three times the stops, three times the messes.  None the less, we are excited to begin building these memories with our little Leah Katie B!  Sarah is such a good mother.  Other than changing Leah's diapers and feeding her in the back seat, nothing much changed.   
Of course, while we were in St. George, we visited the Bear Paw Cafe.  Great Food!  Unfortunately, as usual, we had to wait to get in.  There is no waiting room, but there are a couple benches outside.  It was raining, therefore we waited in the car, where Leah pretended to be driving.
She is a natural!  Checking her rear view mirror often!
We did have the chance to visit two great friends in St. George.  Kyle Kezos is a friend who happens to do my taxes.  He is a genius and if anyone needs tax work or corporation set up, I always highly suggest they call Kyle.  If he were not in St. George, I bet more would be willing to give him a shot.  Thanks again, Kyle, for the hard work at such a late notice.  We also got to visit Matt Howe.  
 Sarah had never met Matt before and I have never met his wife, Katie.  They just had a beautiful bouncing baby boy named Joshua Teancum Howe.  We gave Joshua the USC jersey we purchased for Caleb.  Joshua is so cute and tiny and sleeps all day.  I miss that phase with Leah.  I haven't seen Matt in at least 13 years, so it was good to visit with him again.  Matt also is a trustworthy businessman.  Please call the AAA insurance office in St. George and ask for Matt for all your insurance needs.
Of Course, while in St. George, I had to get my grub on at In-n-Out Burger!
Leah has recently become enamored with bath time and playing in the water.  She is so strong and Caitlin was a big fan of swimming, so we figured Leah might like swimming too.  We were right!  I was so excited to take Leah in the pool.  
Have you ever seen a cuter baby in a swimming suit.  I submit you have not!
Still the happiest baby you will ever meet.  I didn't think she could get more happy until we took her in the pool!
This little girl is afraid of nothing.  She got in the water, which was a little colder than we would have preferred, with no hesitation.  
Once in, she was totally at home.  Automatically, with no encouragement, kicking and paddling.  She truly is a natural swimmer.  Part Dolphin!  I was so happy!
There's my happy girl!
Sarah was so excited to swim with her little one.
This may have ended up being the highlight of our vacation.  I love the water, I love Leah and I love that Leah loves the water.
We are a happy family!


Scott Can Not Float.  He sinks like a rock!
Scott and his girlfriend, (yes, you heard correctly), joined us in Springdale and for the remainder of our vacation.  We had so much fun with them.  More on Cynthia to come.  
We played a game called Partini.  One aspect of the game called for team members to play pictionary while not looking at their artistic efforts.  It was funny.
We had a fun time.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like your little fish LOVES water!!

Casey said...

So darling. Leah DOES look so cute in her little swimming suit, but I'm a little partial to 4 other baby girls that I have seen in their swimsuits - but I could be a little bias about that. Looks like you had a great vacation. I'm glad you aren't letting a little extra fuss of traveling with a baby stop you. We look forward to being able to go on vacations with the girls. Maybe because they are so few and far between.

Ira and Heather said...

She looks so cute in her bathing suit!!! Leah has grown so much. You guys are doing a great job with her. She is so happy.

Leslie said...

Tears welling in the eyes again! She is such a happy little baby. The only thing that can make it better is absolute permanance and that is coming!

No pictures of Kyle?

Love you guys!

Greg and Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great time! I hope that back pack worked out for you! Leah looks so cute! She is getting big! Crazy

Allison said...

Wow, Leah is so strong! I imagine she's beyond her weeks. :o) Early congratulations, by the way!

Allison said...

Arden loved watching the video of Leah!