Monday, January 12, 2009

Okay Mr. Jokester!

The other day I was in the Costco parking lot when I came upon a note on my car. It read as follows:

Sir,

I accidently backed into your car and I was going to leave, but saw you were a Trojan fan. "A Trojan fan driving a Jag...must be a rich sucker!"...was my first thought..."Drive away. No one saw anything." I called my Bishop and he said I should give you my phone number in case you need to file a claim. You can call if you want, but I'm not paying you anything!!! 801-###-####
PS - Go Bruins!!!
space
I called Sarah to read the note to her when my friend and mentor, Mark Harris, pulled into the spot next to me. He was laughing his head off! For those that don't know Mark, he is one of the kindest guys you will meet. He is always organizing ways to help those in need and is constantly concerned for those ward members and friends who may have struck upon hard times. He is a great guy. As you can tell, he also likes to pull pranks.

I have included a couple photos of Mark, just to get the last laugh! Enjoy!




8 comments:

Timbo said...

Q,

If you keep making those comments about Bruins, I MIGHT just be able to dig up some pictures of you in a little pink tutu from more than 25 years ago of you!! I certainly would hate for such pics to end up on a blog somewhere!!! That might be really funny for someone getting up in age such as you to be seen in such a light, wouldn't it? HAHAHAHAHAH

Do you think that we could see an actual pic of that note?

emily said...

these are great pictures. milo loved them as well.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Timbo,

I have tossed the original note, but keep in mind, I didn't make any comments about that other school in Southern California, Mark did. Do you have the pics of our tutu dancing days. I remember practicing at your parents house for weeks before the ward talent show.

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

Q
Remember the oath what happens on the cruise stays on the cruise thanks for the laugh

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Oops! Technically I didn't say anything about the cruise. It appears you did though! Remember the first rule about the cruise, You don't talk about the cruise. Rule number two about the cruise, YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE CRUISE!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's the kind of clothes you wore on the cruise? Did Marqe have the same outfit? If so he really dressed down when he went on the cruise with his Grandma!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I just want to reiterate that I think the world of Mark and his wife, Ruth. He is a stud!

Amy Lynn said...

The funny thing is that as soon as I finished reading the note, I thought, "That sounds like a Mark Harris thing". Ha! And why doesn't the red bra and tutu shock me at all??