Thursday, January 22, 2009

Leaving the Land of Smog for the Land of Smog

Whenever I go home to So Cal, I miss it....that is until I can't breath or get stuck in traffic!  The traffic is ridiculous and I can't stand the smog!  I never thought I would say this, but I am actually looking forward to breathing the cleaner air of Los Angeles and the Inland Empire!  While the Wasatch front is smack dab in the middle of one of the worst inversions I have ever seen, I will be only slightly gagging on the air of So Cal.  The last week, the air has been so thick here that you can chew it!  It smells bad, is ugly and apparently is the equivalent of smoking two packs of cigarettes a day.  It is so bad, many of our Latino brothers and sisters are longing for Mexico City!  Seriously, get me out of here!  Hopefully while we are gone visiting family, baptizing Madyson, eating at Cris and Pitt's, and hanging at Mickey Mouse's house with the Ashbys and Andersons, you all will get hit with a big snow or rain storm and beat down this filth!  Until then, cough, cough, Peace out, cough, cough!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard the inversion was terrible there right now. As much as I hate the weather and grey skies here, I wouldn't like the inversion problems much either.

hoppygirl said...

I understand how you feel. Whenever I go visit So Cal I miss it too. I don't want to live there again for many reasons but it will always feel like home. We always take bets on how long it will take before we see a hight speed chase on the news. Usually it only takes a day...sometimes two.
As for the air, I hope it clears soon too. We just got some rain so that is a good sign.

Have a fun trip and tell the family hi!

Boshell Family said...

hey guys have fun, we wish we could be there with you all. don't be surprised if we're in an iron lung when you get home!

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Have fun! Say hi to mickey for me:)

Anonymous said...

My friend at work and I were so excited to see three small dots of blue sky amide the clouds and smog friday and when it was time to go home and there was lots of blue sky we were exstatic. Then about a mile down the road the fog started rolling in and by the time I got home, 7 miles from work I could only see about a quarter of a block down the road. Rained all weekend and snowed yesterday.

And that is the local weather report in this neck of the woods.