Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mady's Special Day!

We packed and prepared ourselves and Leah for our first trip since her arrival. It was a big event. We have always traveled much since Sarah and I married and so many people have told us (I received this as a challenge) that our traveling days were behind us now. I am determined to continue traveling and enjoying the world. Baby steps...first stop, California!
I will say this...traveling with two big suitcases and two to three carry-ons is always fun, but to do so with a baby, a diaper bag, a car seat and a stroller is an entirely different experience! We navigated successfully through the SLC airport anxious to learn if Leah would be a cooperative traveler or not.
She did great in the terminal. She did fantastic while waiting to take off. She even did okay while the cabin pressure changed. She did not, however, do very well when the steward spoke screamingly loud over the intercom to over explain the safety procedures, beverage choices and a list of other things that seemed excessive to this Father who was holding the loudest screaming baby he has ever heard!!!! The first twenty minutes of the flight, Sarah and I both did our best to calm Leah and relieve those around us from the screaching that bellowed from her little lungs. Other than worrying about her ears hurting, I just wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere. While she screamed, those around us shot darts at us with their eyes. After those hellacious twenty minutes were over, everyone seemed friendly and accepted my apology with "Oh, no worries. I had young kids too."...If it was no big deal, why the stink eye ten minutes earlier!? Leah did wonderfully the remainder of the flight and didn't make a peep on the return flight. I think we found the secret....a little sip of children's Tylenol.
Our trip to California served two purposes...1) My niece's baptism. 2) Disneyland with the neighbors. I was honored that Madyson asked me to baptize her (she really never did ask me, but I knew she wanted me to anyway). I had the privelege to baptise her sister Hailey Leilani a couple years earlier and I love them both so much.
They say fat guys should wear dark colors, but I think I look okay in white. Madyson's baptism went off without a hitch. We practiced before hand and she was very careful to make sure she went all the way under water. It wasn't a difficult task....she is not that tall!
My Mother gave a great talk directed to Madyson and her friend Aubrey on Baptism and it was obvious why she served as a Primary president for so long. Of course, other than our immediate family, Bill and Ruth Bliss and Brock and Carmen Bliss attended Madyson's special event. Everyone had a fun time taking their turn with Leah.
The Special Girl, Madyson, I am so proud of her. She likes to read our blog everyday, so I have been told, and look at the pictures and videos of Leah.
Madyson has a second Father (almost) in her Uncle Scott. He loves the girls very much.
Uncle Brock and the little princess
Samantha, Madyson Nicole, Hailey Leilani and Jim Trosper
We started taking pictures outside the church, but Mom and Dad rushed off too quickly to prepare for the luncheon. She loves her new Bimmer and putting the top down...even if it is cold!
Me and three of my favorite gals!
Bill and Ruth Bliss with Madyson in Lake Elsinore, California
Carmen and Brock Bliss with my Lil' Gremlin
Congratulations, Madyson!
Madyson does so well with Leah. She has a doll that looks just like Leah and she named her Caitlin. I, in a lapse of good judgment, pulled a prank on my Dad by dropping the doll and I immediately felt so bad when I saw how much it bothered my Dear Old Dad. Sorry, Pops. I hope you have forgiven me.
Sam and Leah napping
Mom and Dad getting their picture with Mady at home since they missed out at the church.

Uncle Scott has the touch

We all gathered for vittles and a little Guitar Hero World Tour at Scott and Jim's home.
Aunt Ruth working the crowd.
My Uncle Bill could not figure out the guitar, so we jokingly made him play on beginner and gave him a helmet to wear while playing...we didn't want him to hurt himself.Hailey Leilani with her favorite cousin, Leah
Sarah and Madyson
Nutty!

My Mom and Leah...Leah never experienced a shortage of love...she was actually somewhat tortured by love with so many people wanting to love her.
We ended the luncheon with a nice back rup massaging line. Uncle Bill has magic hands!We had a great dinner at LoneStar Steakhouse. Leah was the star of the party. Sooo many people wanted to visit with her and she received a plethora of compliments.Jim and the fishbowl. We all had a fun time eating and laughing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked like you had so much fun down there. I really miss not living in So Cal now, I really miss my family.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was me, I pushed the enter button before I put my name in. Emotion makes you do dumb stuff. ;-)

Leslie said...

We did have fun Lyn, and you were missed, as always. I know how you feel though, because I feel so bad when I can't enjoy the family events I can't get to.

When we are together we have to just make those times special.

Mady was a cutie!