Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009 From The Trosper Trojan Family

Happy New Year from The Trospers!!!  
We finished off 2008 with friends we love and welcomed in 2009 with more of the same!  
Leah's first New Year's Eve was spent at our great neighbor's home, The Ashbys.  The Boshells and Petersons (sans Dana due to work) also came over.  We ate food, played games and had a good time.  Bryan and Jessica Boshell had a little girl, Shilo, a week before we got Leah.  We always joke that Leah and Shilo will naturally be best friends.  How fitting that they spent their first New Year's Eve together!  
New Year's morning we extended an open door invitation to anyone who was hungry to usher in 2009 with a sweet and hearty breakfast.  Breakfast was chocolate chip pancakes topped with bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate and strawberry syrup!  YUMMY!  We had about 20 come with empty bellies and leave with full bellies!  The Coxes, Boshells, Casales, (sans Heidi who was ushering in the new year the right way at the gym....show off!), Randy Tubbs and some of the young men, Reese, Nick, Jared and Trevor.  We watched the Rose Parade which is always part of the New Year's morning traditions.
Of course, the highlight of the day was watching my USC Trojans win their third Rose Bowl in a row in dominating fashion.  Jason Valderrama and Randy Tubbs came over to enjoy the butt whooping, So Cal style!  Of course, my girls dressed in support of the men of Troy as well.  Leah is so cute in her Mark Sanchez jersey.  Sarah is so cute when she gets excited for the game, (she loves me...she really loves me)!  SC beat Penn State with a dominating defense and a near flawless offense.  Sanchez set a Rose Bowl record for completion % and two USC Rose Bowl records for yards thrown and completions made.  SC's defense was sick!  I would not want to meet Taylor Mays in the middle of the field....EVER!!!  You may notice our shirts are 2009 Rose Bowl Champions tee shirts.  I got these three days ago from a friend of mine, Dan Van Beek, who designed them.  I had to promise to destroy them in the event that Penn State won.  I felt comfortable making that promise that I knew I would never have to follow through with.  Thanks, Dan!  When I asked Jason what he thought about my shirt before the game, his reply was, "It's tight!"  Thanks Jason!  With friends like these......
2008 brought the Trospers many trials and blessings.  With all things considered, we would accept the trials again if the blessings were the same.  We love Leah with all our heart.  While we did many things in 2008, the thing we will always remember the most was the day Caitlin helped us start our family.  We are so, so grateful for the blessings our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon us this year, including the trials we have learned from.  We look forward to 2009 with a commitment to better ourselves and make a life for Leah that she deserves.  We love our family and our friends so much and thank them for the love and support they have showered upon us this last year.  We hope we can find ways to repay you all in some way the coming year.  We will start with our wishes of happiness and prosperity in 2009!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What a superb start to 2009! You guys look great in your shirts. Leah you make your Daddy proud in your USC duds...well you would anyway.

While 2008 held alot of sadness and negative news it also held so many positives for our whole family. God is good.

Deena ♥ Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I watched my first USC Rose Bowl game and I have to admit it was a pretty good game.. At the end when the guy hiked it over the kickers head was scary but luckily they were far enough ahead it really didn't matter. Congrats on your win.. BTW every time I saw their helmets I could just pictures cute little Leah curled up asleep on it.. SO CUTE!!!

grazierfamuly said...

You don't know my family but I am Nancy's sister and Caitin's aunt. I want you to wish a wonderful new year with that precious gift of yours, little Leah. May our Heavenly Father always bless and keep you. We look forward to hearing of your trip to the temple to become an Eternal family. Love the Carl and Susan Grazier family

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Carl and Susan! We love Caitlin so much and Nancy and Tom too.