Friday, April 4, 2008

Marque at the Movies!

I thought I would begin doing movie reviews. It seems that most movie critics are often criticized; that they are not really offering an analysis of the movies that the public can agree with. I typically do not listen to movie critics nor so I value their opinion. There is one critic I can trust, Steve Oldfield. Anyway...I thought I would enlighten the three readers of my blog to how I feel regarding movies that I have recently viewed. I typically rate videos into five categories; 1) 5 stars - I could see this movie again and again and again. I need to own it. 2) 4 stars - I thoroughly enjoyed it and could see it again. 3) 3 stars - It was okay; not bad, but not great, just okay. 4) 1 star - I would not care if I never saw that movie again, and 5) 0 stars - I want my money back, even if I have to travel to Hollywood and beat it out of the producer! This is my first review. I understand that people have different tastes and interests in movies, so I do not expect everyone to agree with me. Please let me know what you think.Hot Rod (Rated PG-13) opened in the theaters on August 3rd and I am pretty sure they yanked it on August 4th. I got it from Netflix recently and Sarah reluctantly watched it with me. It is a story about a small town loser that never grows up. Rod Kimble (Andy Samberg) is obsessed with becoming a stunt man in an effort to make his dead father and his step father (Ian McShane) proud of him. The problem is that he performs less than wowing stunts on his moped. Sarah didn't even know what a moped is, so for those who are in the dark, it is a product of the late 70's and early 80's that combines the design of a bicycle (pedals and all) with the luxury of a motor like a scooter. It immediately oozes a Napolean Dynamitesque feeling in it's off the wall and quirky style. We laughed our butt off in the parking lot and forest dance scenes. The dialogue will keep you giggling and the relationship between Rod and his step father is disturbingly funny. All in all....I would say I give Hot Rod a rating of....**** 4 stars!!! Rent it and enjoy. Approach the movie like Napolean Dynamite with no expectations.

3 comments:

Heidi and Rob said...

Uh....do you recall how many bad movies we've seen together? I'm afraid we might not be checking your blog for the latest "must see" flicks! hahaha....

Heidi and Rob said...

Heee...heee...fire fire, fire fire fire. Heee...heee...again...again.

Rob

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I believe you picked one of the bad movies. Sarah picked the other. I am free and clear to have a valued opinion.

What are you on, Rob?!