Monday, September 7, 2009

Seriously, Can a Dude Get Any Luckier?!


Seven years ago on this day, I became the luckiest dude in the world! On that day in 2002, it poured! After 90 days of not one drop of rain, the heavens opened and drenched the earth where we live. On that same day, the heavens opened and drenched me with blessings that would last an eternity! Sarah had never looked so beautiful as she did that day and I never was happier. In spite of the fact that our outdoor reception had been ruined, as well as many photo opportunities, I can honestly say, my spirits weren't dampened the slightest. I knew that day, that I had just made the most right decision I had ever made in my life. Asking Sarah to marry me.

My brother just got married at the ripe old age of 33! I teased him a bit about waiting so long. Of course this was done in sarcasm as I waited until I was 32! Last night I texted him and asked how married life was so far. His response, "Great! I don't know why I waited so long. I am glad that I did though. Had I married earlier, I would have settled." Those were my feelings exactly after marrying Sarah. This is a good sign for Scott and Cynthia's marriage. Sarah is perfect for me. She balances me. She completes me. She fills in the gaps. She indulges me. She respects me. And for some reason, she admires me, looks to me and loves me.

Seven years is a drop in the bucket compared to most my age, but I understand it was worth the wait and ultimately is a nano-second in the time of eternity! I love you Sarah. You are an amazing wife and Mother. Thanks for the last seven years. It has been a fun time so far. I see no reason why that won't continue!

6 comments:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!! Glad to see it really is your anniversary and you just weren't after the free dessert!! :-)

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Joe and Brenda Ashby said...

Forgot to wish you a happy anniversary so sorry it was ruined by a motor cycle PIG! Thanks for a fun afternoon and sharing your daughter with us

Tara said...

Congrats on 7 years Marque and Sarah! I remember your CA reception...kilts and all! I was inspired to take up the bagpipe after that.

Kent said...

Happy Anniversary Big Q and Sarah.

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you two found each other, and finally decided it was so right....how many years did it take?

Whatever it took, like you said, it was right, and you are so lucky. So is Sarah of course! And Leah too!

I love you all and I am so glad you had a nice celebration!