Saturday, February 7, 2009

Biggest Loser!


American Fork has it's annual Steel Days every year in July.  This includes, among other things, a carnival, parade, musical events, concerts, fireworks, and several contests.  This year they are adding "Steel Days Biggest Loser" contest.  The entry fee is $20, and the first weigh in is February 28th.  There will be five subsequent weigh-ins with the final weigh-in being at Art Dye park the day of the big show.  The prize money will not even cover the cost of my trainer, but we know it is not about the money anyway!  What do you think?  Should I do it?  Chime in and let me know what you think.  If I do it, I am willing to accept sponsorships for a small fee.  Your company logo will be placed proudly on my 3x tee shirt, but as I lose weight and the shirt size decreases, the cost of advertising and sponsorship will go up.  Please speak up and vote Yes or No!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm in! You will pull in a crowd and that's good too. Sponsorship won't help me down here....but you will have to put "My mom loves me" on your shirt...how does that sound?

Greg and Sarah said...

Go for it. I know my boss will pitch in!

Julie Fox said...

You should definitely do it! Go get em tiger!

Kent said...

DONT DO IT!!!
What about bacon, the McRibs, Chili dogs, Pollo Loco, sausage, soda, nachos... What about them? HUH??

Always a business man hoping for sponsorship in an effort to motivate you to lose weight.

Tiffany said...

Heck ya you should-it would be a great motivator to get into shape. How...fun? Is that the right word?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes do it. I think losing weight is extremely difficult second only to quiting smoking. I think you have the determination, fortitude and desire to succeed. Plus the healthier you get the long you get to be around your loving wife and new daughter and we get to enjoy your company longer. Love ya Marque, go for it. How much is the small fee? I could go for a dollar a pound.

Anonymous said...

We're here for you go for it!!!!! we know you will do great. You can do anything you put your mind to. Love you Mom and Dave