October 1st is Sarah's favorite holiday. You may be thinking right now, "What holiday is on October 1st?!" Technically there is no holiday on October 1st, but Sarah officially celebrates the unofficial holiday the first day of October called "Pumpkin Day".
For those who don't know, Sarah LOVES Halloween and the holiday officially begins on the first of the month when we make our trip to where-ever to get our pumpkins. Nevermind that the pumpkins are still, 24 hours later, sitting in the back of the car and nothing has been done with them, but getting of the pumpkin calls for a holiday name and tradition. Another funny Pumpkin Day holiday tradition is for Sarah to buy a bunch of boxes of Count Chocula which is only sold around October.
This Pumpkin Day we took Leah to Hee Haw's in Pleasant Grove to pick a pumpkin. Hee Haw's has a bunch of activities that Leah loved to participate in; tractor rides, hay rides, petting zoo (really just a chase the animals and hug the goats zoo), slides, grub shack (grub as in food, not grubs as in worms), a corn box (similar to sand box, but with dried corn kernels), maze, corn cannon and more. The cost is $8 a person, but it was entirely worth it to see how excited and happy Leah was around the animals. I was so excited as I was getting some great pics until I realized that I didn't have the memory card in! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!! I guess we will have to go back. I am sure Leah will be really bummed. NOT!
Afterwards, we picked out three cool pumpkins, got dinner and called it a night. We hope everyone enjoyed their Pumpkin Day, whether you realized it was going on or not!
2 comments:
It sounds so fun. Wish I was there to enjoy Pumpkin Day too.
Those of us in Cali are going to pick out our pumpkins next week at Bates Nut Farm. This is the 3rd year for me 4th for some of them. They have similar celebrative things to do there.
We will make sure we have our memory card so we can post some pics.
I got to get into this seasonal change and acknowledge a Pumpkin Day like Sarah does. Fall is very pretty!
Post a Comment