Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hale Mauna Lani - Heavenly Mountain Home

Well, the Trospers have a cabin. We have been looking for a year and a half and have even placed offers on a couple different places, but one didn't ever come to be and the other didn't feel right so we backed out of the contract. We wanted to find "that perfect deal" for us. Something that was not too much, but nice enough to want to spend time there. We believe we found the deal for us and have placed an offer which has been accepted. We are anxious to close in the next few weeks. We are even more anxious to make memories and traditions here with family and friends. Here are some pics.
Hale Moana Lani. Heavenly Mountain Home in Hawaiian. Sarah and I haven't agreed on a name yet, but I always go with something South Pacific. This is the front view taken from the driveway. The driveway is the only thing that has us worried. It is long and somewhat steep. The cabin comes with a big tractor with a 7' snow blower attachment on the front. I guess I need to learn how to drive a tractor. You can barely see the yellow thing behind the cabin in this photo. It also comes with a big hand controlled snowblower that is quite large and capable.
The view off the front deck is trees. Lots of Aspens and a few pines. Very beautiful.
This is behind the house. Our property is an acre and backs up to the Cache National Forest, so there will likely never be any development behind us.
This is the side of the home. It is in need of a small deck below the sliding glass door...before someone kills themself!
The cabin is at the top of Timber Lakes outside of Heber City, Utah. It is a gated community and the homes range from 500 square feet shanties to 10,000 square feet mansions. It is beautiful. Most who live there sled (snow mobile) or ATV. In the height of Winter, there can be as much as 10 feet of snow.
This is the stained glass window in the front door. The cabin is nicely designed to feel like home, but also like a cabin.
This stove is gas powered which for me is nice. The last cabin we looked at had an overwhelming smell of smoke and of course a wood burning stove has a certain charm to it, but requires much more work.
This is the living area. The cabin comes completely furnished which was a HUGE plus. It looks like it has new carpet and paint too.
Again, the decor is very cabin-esque. We like it, though Sarah doesn't like the Elk antler lamp.
The kitchen is small, but for the most part in great shape. We probably won't do anything to it but replace the yellow formica and yellow sink with granite and stainless steel.
There are two bedrooms and one bathroom.

This bedroom is on the main floor and has a walk out onto the patio. It has an in wall electric heater.
This is the stained glass window in the back door.
This is the loft. It has two futons a couple tables an armoir with a TV, DVD, VCR and Satellite.
Very well done. Inspection is today, so unless we hear anything drastic, we are excited to use it soon. I worry that I am getting excited too soon and something will be wrong....I hope not.
All of the lamps and fans are of a Western motif.
This is the upstairs bedroom. It is very nicely done. It has a heat vent from the stove which is below it.
More Aspens.
This is a pretty good sized shed. It could fit one car if the door was bigger. As it is it has a snow blower, inner-tubes for sledding, chains for tires, and soon our ATV.
This is the Cache National Forest behind the parking area.
The shed again.

Sarah's Forester. If you can see the fence posts right in front of the Subaru, that is the start of Cache National Forest.
Like I said, the driveway is the only part that worries me. We will figure it out.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so excited for you. This will be a real blessing with so many memories waiting to happen. Hope all goes well and it will be all yours.

Boshell Family said...

We can't wait to come see it!

kynal said...

I hope you guys get it, it is beautiful, and that will be one more place for you guys to enjoy and make wonderful memories!!!

Jinky said...

Sweet!! Congratulations!!

Kent said...

Awesome! Well, everything except the driveway. Nice that you sit back off the road in the summer but winter is going to be a bioch.

Piratewench said...

Looks like a nice place to spend Christmas!

Allison said...

Looks so nice and cozy! I know you can't wait to make some lovely memories there.

Jayne said...

what a wonderful cabin! I love it, I'm sure you'll have wonderful times there.
wow, it's been so long since we've seen you and Sarah, we miss you all.
I love your posts, you are a great writer. just wanted to write a note and let you know I was thinking of you!
jayne