Friday, August 13, 2010

Who Is It? It's Daddy!


My Dearest Little Leah,

Who is it that wakes up in the middle of the night to your cries?
It's Daddy.
Who is it that postpones dreams and restful peace to run to your aid?
It's Daddy.
Who is it that stubs their toes and bumps their knees as they navigate the night to get to you?
It's Daddy.
Who is it that consoles you and comforts you all while in a sleepy state?
It's Daddy.
Who is it that crawls on his hands and knees clumsily in the dark looking for your pacifier?
It's Daddy.
Who is it that wraps you and holds you and rocks you back to sleep?
It's Daddy.
What hero, what savior do you cry out to in misery and pain the entire time as Daddy does all these things?

IT'S BINKY!!!!


4 comments:

Leslie said...

It's so cute...and so sad. I love it, and remember it too, when it was you!

Unknown said...

Oh man....those binkies were the death of me! I used to buy dozens of them and have them all over the place for our emergencies. The nighttime crawling on the floor is very familiar to me but I have lost these experiences in my memory due to the lack of sleep I got for so many years. :)

Allison said...

Haha...cute and funny!

Anonymous said...

Love it!