
Well, on February 5th of this year I turned 40 years young. Anyone who knows me knows I am not a big fan of celebrating my birthday. Anyone who knows Sarah knows she is a HUGE fan of throwing big birthday parties. A few years ago, I agreed to let Sarah throw a big shindig for my 40th birthday. She did not forget. She threw a wonderful 80's party. She arranged to have a DJ play 80's music, had everyone dress in 80's attire and had everyone take 80's music and movies trivia quizzes. It was so much fun. There were about 150 in attendance and we still had ten pizzas and an entire cake left over. I am so blessed by Heavenly Father. He has given me a wonderful Wife, a little angel of a Daughter, great Parents and Grandparents, two fantastic Brothers and many, many friends.

The Young Adults from the Meadowbrook Saran wrapped and chalked our home and left a pack of men's adult diapers. It is nice to be loved, though it was quite cold to pressure wash the drive way in the middle of Winter! Will Adamson and the Underground....YOU WILL PAY!!!
Sarah also arranged to have the VanAusdals take photos at the party so that everyone would have souvenirs to remind them of the fun night in their 80's attire. Great idea!

Kevin and Janette

"Oh Mickey, You're so Fine!"

My Girls - Hailey Leilani, Candy, Little Leah Catie B, and Madyson Nicole

Tera and Brooklyn

Punk Rock Dad with NikNik and her friend Jaimie

Wade, Lisa, Lynette and John

The Weber Clan

Thayne and Cindy

Mom and Dave

Cynthia and Scott (and bun in oven)

Amy, Jaime and Jasmine

Adam and Bing - AKA - Tina Turner and Tommy Ramone

My Sister's Clan

Me and my two lovely ladies

Rhett and Jenny

Glen and Tonya

Mike and Sherilyn

The Meadowbrook/Orchard Hills Family

Wade and Lisa....I don't know why Wade didn't dress up

Will, the lone representative from the Meadowbrook YSA Ward

Karsten and Julie

Jason and Cyndi

Kelley Clan

My PMI Girls ~ Paloma, Kamie and Shanna

Myque, Heidi and boys
Mike the Flock of Seagulls dude

Great cake, Sarah. Kinda' embarrassing to pick it up though.
We had a blast. Sarah dressed in an 80's prom dress, Leah came as an 80's aerobic instructor and I was a preppie. Leah is also wearing Uncle Joe's mullet wig here.

Nate and Jodi looked awesome!
My DOD sported my DK shirt and Creepers.
Am I lucky or what?!
Rhett and Jenny
Jessica, Nikki and Jaimie dancing
Sarah arranged to have some of the young men lip sync an Oingo Boingo song, Weird Science.
Trevor as Steve Bartek

Adam and Bing

Wade and Lisa
Salas Family
Nate as Johnny Vatos

Nick as Danny Elfman
Me and Myque and Jason
Shannon's text that night..."I can't believe I dressed like this and I can't believe I thought I looked good!"
Well, it was a great night. I felt the love of many, especially that of my wife and family. Thank you, thank you.
2 comments:
It was a great night! Thanks!
Wow, that looks like it was lots of crazy fun! Everyone's outfits are awesome!
Post a Comment