Monday, February 22, 2010

Rough Day!


I have to admit that I struggled today. I have never before struggled with feelings like this after returning from a trip, and we have taken several. I seriously hated coming home and even more so with having to go to work today. I like my job so it makes it unimaginable how one who hates their job must feel after a vacation. I had serious internal conflict and conversation regarding why I feel this way. Could this be a mid-life crisis? I think it is just a serious case of wishing I lived in Hawaii! The one good thing about coming home is my little Wahine, Leah.

We were so grateful for the Reed's willingness to watch her, but man was she missed. I was worried she had changed...would she be driving, did she have a job?! Who knew?! I was so afraid she would be mad at us as many have explained would happen. Happily, she was not. She was so happy to see us and is still very happy every time one of us enter the room. She is talking up a storm and laughing all the time. She does cry when we leave the room as well and seems to like us to hold her more. I think she has a few abandonment issues. That will pass with time.

So...what would be the perfect scenario? Flying home to pick up Leah and flying right back to paradise! I so miss that place. I so love my little girl.

2 comments:

Jared Zane said...

I know how you feel, after living there 5 1/2 years and then leaving! We have been gone from Hawaii almost a year now...and I think about it, and long for it every day! It killed me at first, but now I am getting used to life on the mainland. We both have random dreams about spontaneously moving back...without a job or a place to live. Ha! I wonder if it's a sign. We are hoping to move back in the future in 5+ years. You should seriously consider moving there! That would be rad! Leah is so sososo cute!

Leslie said...

But Anna, having lived there is it really paradise? I always think it would be different living someplace I love visiting.

But I felt the same way about Virginia that you both feel about Hawaii. Well, maybe not, because they are so different. But when I lived in Virginia it felt like home. So strange. I still long to be there in so many ways...but my family is here so I don't long too hard or long. But to me, Virginia was paradise.

Leah is so precious.....love her smile so much.