Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Leah, We Miss You! Aloha Nui Loa!

Sarah and I acting lost on location of the set of "Lost"

This blog has been written for an audience of one...Leah. Hopefully if she sees this pic, she won't forget what we look like.

Sarah and I just wrapped up our fifth day of vacation in Paradise. While we are very grateful to be here in Hawaii, we do desperately miss our little wahine, Leah. We know she is in good hands with Molly, Duane and the boys. With that said, we still miss her and pray for her safety and happiness. Us missing her will make our return home that much more sweet. Molly has been wonderful to send us pictures via our cell phone daily so that we can see her happy face and for that we are extremely grateful. We have spoken to her a couple times and it made us miss her more even though she didn't say anything. Apparently Leah said to Molly, "I want my Momma". This made Sarah lose it, and I don't blame her. We love her so much. Also, Molly gave Leah the phone when she was trying to get her to sleep so that I could sing Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" to her. This is the song I always sing to Leah and Molly said that Leah was hugging the phone as I sang and she listened. We love you, Leah! Mom and Dad miss you! Thanks, Molly and Duane.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I read your blog to Leah when she saw you guys she instantly smiled and said "Mamamamama" and waved! She misses and loves you too

Leslie said...

Teary eyes. I understand how much you miss Leah. I have experienced the bitter-sweetness of being away from those you love the very most in the world.

It is so special to see them once again.

Love you all!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

It is funny. We were half excited to go on vacation without Leah yet at the same time we were so sad to go on vacation without Leah. Don't get me wrong, Leah has been on more vacations in her first year than most Utahans have their whole life. She has made several trips out of state and twice out of the country. With that said, we were excited to go on vacation and be able to sleep in or stay out late or frequent nice restaurants...all things we could not do if Leah was with us. While we have done all these things without the responsibility of Leah, we still miss her terribly. Sarah has had two small breakdowns and I have been close. Molly sends us pics of Leah and it warms my heart every time to see her.

So, in summary we are happy to have a vacation without Leah yet it is extremely sad to be on vacation without her too. We are happy that we will see her in four days yet sad that our vacation will be over in four days.

We love you, Leah!