
Sunday was Mother's Day. I wanted to take the time to mention a few of the Mother's that I am grateful for and why.
Let's start with Grandmas! I have been blessed with two wonderful Grandmothers. Velma Brewer, my Father's Mother, died some time ago and sadly my memory fades with each day. Of course, I was not as avid in my journal and photography then as I am now. I do know I loved her dearly and have fond memories of her. She always made me feel loved as I would visit her and stay with her a week or so in the Summer. I miss you Grandma Brewer.
My Grandma Veora Bliss-Baldwin is my Mother's Mother. I am so happy she is with us today and shows signs of being around for a long time more! I know she reads this blog and so let me say, "I LOVE YOU, GRANDMA!" My Grandma Bliss is such a fine example of everything good that comes from her generation. I think I love her more because she also represents to me my Grandfather whom I miss and love so much. She shows love for me every time I speak to her. I feel it in every word. I can tell she is proud of me and appreciates me. Thank you Grandma Baldwin!

My Mum is the greatest. Without my Mum, I would not be the man I am today. I am most like her and I appreciate who she is because of it. I always feel so bad for my Mum for having raised three boys and no girls. I know she is an emotional and sensitive person and I am sure it must be hard for her to feel at times that she has no where to go with those emotions and sensitivities. Luckily, my two brothers are kinda' girly...haha! Just kidding, Jim and Scott. She loves me entirely and she tells me often. She showed me how much she loved me and my brothers the entire time we grew up by supporting our righteous goals, acting as our support network (taxi, soccer Mom, Scout Mom, etc), and by sacrificing all she and my Father could in order for us to have the things we not only needed but wanted. She instilled in me a strong feeling of self worth and a positive outlook; two of the greatest attributes a parent can instill in their children. In everything I do, I hope it makes my Mother proud. I have always said, "Whatever decisions you make or actions you take, it matters not what others think so long as God, Me, My Mother and Sarah are pleased". I love you Mum! thanks for molding me into the person that I am.

Mother-in-laws are important. I have considered the prospects of Mother-in-laws long before I met Sarah and have met several I would have loved as a Mother-in-law and a couple I would not have loved so much! Boy, did I luck out with Christine. Christine immediately reminded me of my Mother, which is the highest of compliments. She loves me in spite of me. She lets me be who I am and continues to love me even when I am boisterous or too opinionated. (I have caught glimpses of her rolling her eyes though). She has raised for me the perfect wife who reflects these similar traits. Luckily, I call my Mother "Mum" which allows me to freely refer to Christine as "Mom". Thank you, Mom!

Caitlin! She is more an angel than anything else. She gave to Sarah and I the most beautiful gift of Motherhood and Fatherhood. While she will not be Leah's Mom, she was Leah's Mother. She loved Leah enough to give her the wonderful life we will give her and for that selfless love, I know Caitlin will one day be the greatest Mom for her future children. We have grown to love Caitlin like a sister and we are so happy to know her. We love you Caitlin!

I saved the best for last. What can you say about a girl who knew me for several years and still decided to marry me!? Do not say, dumb! She is no dumby. On the contrary! She is so intelligent and talented and funny and beautiful. I sometimes wish she knew that as much as I do. On the other hand, if she did know that like I do, she may wonder, "What did I do!?" I love Sarah. She is my best friend. She let's me be me without stipulations. She trusts me and has full faith in me, knowing I will take care of her always. This makes a man feel fulfilled. She still gets a big smile on her face when she sees me unexpectedly and for some reason thinks I am the greatest too! She has the most greatest quality which is the ability to make me smile and laugh. I have always suspected she would be a great Mother, but she has wowed me with how she is with Leah and how seriously she takes her responsibility of Motherhood. What do you say about a girl who knew me for several years and plans on being with me for several more? Not enough. I love you, Sarah.
Happy Mother's Day!
2 comments:
Wow, wow and wow! No one can say you aren't sensitive and don't know how to share your feelings Mister.
I am so grateful for my sons, and I definitely know you all love me. I don't know that I taught you how to share your love or if that came naturally, but I am grateful that you, and your brothers, never leave me without saying "I love you." The hugs you give, the tenderness and concern convey always what a loving person you are. And why Sarah is lucky to have you, and happy every time she sees you.
If I had anything to do with what a wonderful person you, and your brothers are, then my life is a success. I love you!
My words seriously underappreciate these five women.
My Grandma rocks! She is fun and energetic and happy. She is so strong now as she is forced to care for Herb in his time of need and does so without complaining.
My Mom has endured her fair share of trials too recently. And still manages to maintain an upbeat attitude. She is a great example to me.
Sarah has had to put up with my split second decisions and does so with a smile. I love you Sarah.
Thank you all.
Post a Comment