Well, the final event in Leah's Special Month was her baby blessing. Of course, we have no photos of that, but we had some good grub provided by the Moms afterwards. Here are a few photos of the get together following the blessing.
L to R: Jenteal Peirce, Lexi Peirce, Aunt Kate Wilson, Andrea Kelley, Little Jasmine Salas and Dezrea Kelley
Sarah's entire family was there. It is nice to have them close for her. Okay...and for me too.

Jake getting some lovin' from his Gramma!
Aunt Lisa taking pics of Leah

Leah got presents (EVEN THOUGH I SAID NO GIFTS!!!!) Thank you.

She is so freaking cute!
Caitlin was able to be there with us. This meant a lot to us. I hope she felt loved by all. She came with her parents and boyfriend, but the only pictures I got of them were bad shots, so I spared them by not posting them here. None the less, we were grateful they came.
My sister, Cindy, hiding behind the camera.
Cole...probably asking for some M&M's or something he probably shouldn't have.
Tim, the photo dude!
Dezrea hates being photographed.
My Mum. Thanks for everything.
Stinky!
Caitlin getting her grub on! Thanks to Mum and Mum and Amy for the good eats.
Sarah and Cynthia. Cynthia and Scott were a great help this weekend.
Scott and Cynthia sampled the food in hopes of finding something that would be good to serve at a reception of some sort. Ouch. I can't believe I did that. Forgive me guys!

Sarah bringing her man a coke! What a woman!
L to R: Tim Cornelius, Dovey Roah and Steve Roah
The Newlyweds...Jaime and Amy Salas

Dave concentrating on food.
Mum, Lisa and Mom talking and trying to make each other cry.
My good friend Jason and his family came to support us.
The day of the blessing was fantastic. I was soooooo busy. I had to be at the church at 7am for meetings and then a 30 minute break at 11am. We had a Bishop's Council at 11:30am, which I was not looking forward to, which lasted until 12:45pm. Obviously I can not discuss the details of the Council here, but I will say that it was the most wonderful experience to witness the atonement of Christ in full swing and coming full circle. In this case it was a reinstatement and I was truly touched by the spirit that attended each of us in that meeting. It set the tone for the rest of this beautiful day.
I barely got home in time to switch cars and drive to my church building where we would bless Leah. We had soooo many people there. I was very touched. With the week and day being so busy, I had not one second to think of what I might say in Leah's blessing. I am not even sure I remember exactly what I did say. I do remember I used the word "love" quite often. If anyone remembers, please, please, please leave comments or send me an email. I would like to piece it together for her baby book or my journal. Those who stood in the circle with me were: Bishop Rich, Dave Ostler, Jason Valderamma, Bill Nietfeld, Ray Weber, Steve Roah, Tim Cornelius, Jason Kelley, Rhett Peirce and Vern Wilson. There were others that I wish could have been there or that could have stood in with us, but were unable to. I know they were with us in spirit.
3 comments:
What a great weekend, Leah was just as cute as she can be!! Thanks for calling me Stinky, really appreciate that :)
You guys are the happiest cutest family I know! What a great month April turned out to be!!
I could have written it down for you afterwards, but I can't remember it all now. I do remember you said:
Leah, you came from love, through love, to love, and we bless you that you will learn to love everyone without judgement.
I thought that was beautiful...especially since Caitlin, who was holding her, kissed her and passed her to Sarah, who passed her to her Daddy for her blessing. Beautiful!
Post a Comment