Friday, July 16, 2010

What I did on my summer vacation with the Trosper Girls...


Well, we've already had so much fun this summer and it just keeps getting better! We were so looking forward to Leslie's visit in June then bonus! she brought our nieces, Hailey and Madyson, with her. Sadly Leslie would only be staying with us for a long weekend.

After applying and being approved for "A Vacation With Uncle Marque and Auntie Sarah", the girls came to visit us for two weeks. Little did those two know how much paperwork they would need to fill out including a short contract:

Terms and Conditions

I ______________________, agree to have as much fun as possible with hardly any whining, fighting, growling, or pouting. Fun as previously stated includes but is not limited to playing, lounging, singing, snacking, dancing, and waving your hands in the air like you just don’t care. Uncle Marque and Auntie Sarah reserve the right to be the boss of you for the duration of your visit. Some light housekeeping may be required, but will be gladly excused for changing Leah’s poopy diapers.

By the time Leslie and the girls arrived we had quite the agenda planned. Here's a short overview of the fun we had including about 40 photos...

Friday, June 25 was our Hawaii day. We were hosting a reunion BBQ that evening for all those who went on the Hawaii trip in February. Eat with Aloha! Breakfast was macadamia nut pancakes (not Boots and Kimo's sniff, sniff!) and quite tasty if I do say so myself. Then a little shopping and it was time t set up for the party. This is us all in our Hawaiian wahine garb. Marque made us all homemade Puka Dogs (from heaven!) for dinner. Those along with all the yummy sides everyone brought put us in the Hawaiian spirit again. We ended the night with a fun slideshow video, reminiscing, and wishing we were all back on the island.

Saturday, June 26 started with breakfast at One Man Band then a little bit of lounging. Hailey, Mady, and Leslie helped me decorate and bring everything together for our Twilight Party that night. Hailey made this fabulous poster to welcome all the Twi-hards. Team Edward, Team Jacob, or Switzerland...we all had such a great time with Twilight treats and games.

Sunday, June 27 Leslie headed back home. Sad that it was quick, but we are so thrilled she made the trip up here! After church we had a nice relaxing day complete with campfire smores and an impromptu backyard camp out. Here's Hailey goofing around for us. Anything for a laugh! It was so fun we camped out Monday night , too.

Sleeping outside is scary stuff. Mady was brave though. The whole trip she was such a trooper. Two weeks is a long time to be away from home, but both girls made the best of it!

Monday, June 28 after lunch at Der Wienersnitzel (so Der good!) we met up with Molly, my cousins Jen and Amy, and all their kids at the Provo Pool. It was fun hanging out and going down the water slides together (well, for most of us. Right girls?) Later on we watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

Mady, Hailey, and Leah sure love each other!

Tuesday, June 29 was a pretty chill day. Wii games, nails, grocery shopping, then we headed to Highland to enjoy the water fountain park. We high-tailed it home to beat the storm that was coming and to get the tent in the backyard packed up before it was soaked. The night ended with a church service project with Uncle Marque.

Wednesday, June 30 was mostly spent at home, too. Mady cooked us dinner. A biscuit and beef concoction I came up with that we called "Mady Souffle". Our night was Twilight-tastic! Well for Hailey and I it was. We joined the crowds watching Eclipse and thoroughly enjoyed the movie! Here we are with our souvenirs. Marque took Mady to see The Karate Kid. They said was a good movie, but does anyone sparkle in it?



Thursday, July 1st was picture day! The girls went over to Candy Cuts and got their hair did. All dressed up and running late we all ran into Walmart saying, "I'm late!, I'm late!" in true Alice in Wonderland fashion. Of course, the girls were mortified to be seen in public all dressed up, but I thought they looked so perfect! Just look at these pictures...so cute!
Hailey made us tacos for dinner and then we went riding around on the ATV. One fun-filled day coming right up!

The cheesiest Cheshire Cat and the most marvelous Mad Hatter.
I saw a pin that said M is for Mad and had to copy it for the costume.


Sweet Alice and her cute cat.


Friday, July 2 Thanks to PMI for hooking us up with some sweet RSL (Real Salt Lake) tickets. Hello free consessions and fireworks! Rumor has it that my brother Josh was at the game (and cousin Jessica, too), but we never saw him. Real crushed the Revolution 5 to zip. Not very patriotic, but makes for a great game. Ole Ole Ole!

Mady's blue cotton candy tongue. Hey, maybe that's Josh in the crowd on the far right?


Hailey and I got the blue teeth from cotton candy.

Saturday, July 3 was our neighborhood Independence Day celebration. We began with a flag ceremony and a short talk from Marque quoting words from George Washington. After breakfast at Burger King the Mega Water Fight was on like Donkey Kong! The girls hatched a plan where I would defect from Marque's team and join theirs. Alas, we still lost. Sorry girls! The rest of the day was spent resting in the shade chatting with neighbors until BBQ time. Thank you Marque for the yummy steaks!

Off-roadin' girls

Mady on the slide

Hailey trying to get Leah to go down the slide

Sliding IS fun!

Sunday, July 4th we relaxed most of the day. We might have done a little hammock dancing in the backyard, made some cookies, but otherwise we rested.

Monday, July 5th we got up early to go grocery shopping and get supplies for our backyard party with the Reed boys. The girls planned out all the activities, prizes, and picked out the pinata (which Hailey named Fred). After the party we lounged around watching movies. Marque BBQ'd yummy pork riblets for dinner then we gathered with the neighborhood for our Cul de sac of fire!

Blind Marco Polo was my favorite game, I think.


Eli was runner up in the Chubby Bunnies marshmallow game.
17 mini marshmallows in those cheeks!

Hailey won with 30 or 34 mini marshmallows, something like that.
No fair! She's been stretching out her mouth with braces just to prepare for this game.

I'd never tried this bubble cups activity until then. It was fun, but still messy.
I guess that's a requirement in kid fun, huh?



RIP Fred.

Tuesday, July 6 Bacon! It goes perfectly with pink princess pancakes. We fueled up and headed down to Payson to join My mom and the Reeds at the water park. It was so much fun. First we tried the not so lazy river. We forgot to bring inner-tubes, so we had to carry the little ones along. The little kid area was really nice and the water slides were perfect. Us big kids went on the less scary of the two big slides, and Mady was able to take Leah down the kiddy slide. It worked out nicely. However, the second time we stood in line for the slide Hailey made it down then the safety check alarm rang leaving Molly and I disappointed.
After we cooled down Uncle Marque took us bowling at Jack and Jill's. We got the VIP treatment with pizza and sodas, too! We had to keep an eye out for Leah because she loves olives and would steal them off our slices.



Bowling in style. They make this game look good!

Umm yeah. Here's Marque cooling off the pits. Gotta be cool.

Hailey's super serious bowling face.

Mady is in the zone.
My Game Face
Leah became pretty confident at pushing her ball and just walking away.

Wednesday, July 7 was our big shopping day. The girls took the money they earned from doing chores here and spent it at Justice and Target. Well, Hailey saved some of hers to get a hamster (at her house- thank you very much!).

Thursday, July 8 was the sad day the girls went home. Hailey and Mady got all dressed up to see their mom and dad. With their new clothes on, fancy nails, and blue hair paint streaks the girls were looking oh so fabuloso. We met Jim and Samantha in Mesquite for a fun, but short stay with just enough time for a late dinner, a morning swim, and breakfast.

Now Hailey and Mady are back home and I can't wait to see them again. Seems like it will be a very long time until the holidays. What a great vacation it was having the girls stay with us! I had such a blast planning, playing, lounging, and dancing with them. It was Der-mazing!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

First of all it was strange hearing you talk about Leslie. But once I caught on I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and all the fun you had! I don't know if you have more fun planning or doing. But I do know those two girls are sooooo lucky to have such a doting aunt and uncle. How lucky could they be?

And now you have even written their essay on "What I Did this Summer".


Wish I could have been there the whole time!

Unknown said...

You two are seriously the coolest Aunt and Uncle on the planet....seriously.

Casey said...

WOW! Can I come for a vacation? I'll do some chores to earn money. YOu guys really know how to entertain. Sarah, you are amazing. I really need to take some entertaining lessons from you. I am worn out just reading all that you guys did.

Boshell Family said...

Sarah you are awesome. Will you be my aunt?