Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The 80's Live On!!!

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

So, maybe you know, maybe you don't. I am a product of the 80's and I am turning the big 4-OH! Sarah loves birthday parties. Me? Not so much. We came to an agreement a few years back that she would back off my birthday celebrations for five years until my 40th birthday and then five years after. The exchange would be that she could throw a huge 40th birthday party for me with an 80's theme. I agreed. She has not forgotten. I turn 40 on the 5th of February and we will celebrate in 80's style on the 6th. If you would like to go, let me know. It should be fun. Sarah always does it right.
20's Jazz to 80's Punk to Today...Music Rocks!

Anyway, I have been diving into my old 80's music grab bag and it makes me happy. I love just about every genre of music from Punk to Classical and every decade of music from the Jazz of the 20's to whatever you call today and everything in between. I love music! But the 80's just does something to me. Maybe it is the nostalgia it creates from a happy childhood and adolescence. You know the music was something special. This is when MTV began and actually played music videos! Of course, you would be hard pressed to find a music video on MTV today as they have sold their soul to the reality TV gods.
MTV, GET OFF THE AIR!!!

I was once asked what type of music I listen to when no one is around. My answer was the punk bands of the 70's and early 80's before it became a fad and too fast and loud. I was listening to some of these bands on my MP3 player and it made me search out some You Tube fun. I thought I would share. Maybe I will do this more often with all genres of 80's music as we lead up to the 80's party on February 6th. Enjoy...or don't...the choice is yours.






















PUNKS NOT DEAD!!! It is just badly maimed!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Well this is not the 80's music I listen to. It is really interesting if you play all of them at once. Hee hee.

I especially liked Janitor. Interesting! Where's some Hall & Oates, Tears for Fears, Chicago, ABBA, Ace of Base, and my favorite Air Supply?