Most know this, but I have been called to work with the Young Single Adult in American Fork. This calling mostly requires time on Sunday, with the occasional activity in the month. It has been good and it has caused me to grow and stretch. The men that also work with me in the calling are such great examples and I have learned much by silently watching them. They are good men and such selfless men. It has been hard at times. Not because of the calling itself, but the sacrifice it requires to be away from the Orchard Hills ward. What an amazing ward and neighborhood we live in. We are truly blessed and I miss the O-Hills terribly. My duties typically require me to be at the church from 7am to 11am and then from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. I selfishly am aware of the sacrifice this is for me, but am reminded regularly by those good folks around me who give so much more of their time. Today when I was leaving my office at the church, the halls were riddled with men and their babies. Seriously, there were like ten men holding babies and no women! This immediately reminded me of Sarah's sacrifice. Sarah never complains. It is not in her nature to do so. Week after week she goes to church on her own with our little one and pushes through. The only remote hint of frustration was her single mention of how excited she is for Leah to be 18 months so that she can attend nursery. What a trooper she is. I know there are several in our ward that love them and enjoy spending time with Leah and that helps Sarah. None the less, I give a shout out to my loving wife that selflessly gives of her time and energy to support me as I selfishly give my time and energy to my calling. One day, I will be like her and so many others that set such fine examples. Albert Schweitzer said, "One does not need to be an angel in order to be a saint." Sarah happens to be both.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Service
Posted by www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com at 10:35 AM
Labels: american fork, Church, Leah, Orchard Hills Ward, YSA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
As I read this it reminded me of our own situation here. I am constantly recognizing how often Tim is left to care for the girls while I am off doing my calling. But the best part is that I have never heard him complain either. No matter how many times I tell him I have a meeting or I need to go visit this sister or that one or a food order I have to fill - he just responds with, "whatever you need to do, dear." I can't imagine how much harder it would be if he wasn't so willing to take over and fulfill my duties at home also. Thanks for reminding me once again how lucky I am. I KNOW that you are so very blessed also in the same way.
PS - Nice to see you back blogging. I was getting worried there for a while. I wasn't getting my weekly Trosper blog fix.
I totally agree with you about Sarah. However, I think that you are a very selfless person as well.You make a great couple. We do miss seeing you at church. Leah is soooooo adorable. What a good baby she is. Loved catching up on your blog. I will get back to blogging after Christmas.
See Q everybody missed your blogs.
Sarah is amazing! I do agree with Sherilyn that you are both selfless and I personally am a beneficiary of that selflessness! Thank you. And thank you for your example to our family. Talk about it often so they can see your good example and that you love this service.
Post a Comment