We all know that our Nation's spiritual roots are being hacked at by liberal wackos that want to subject their beliefs upon us. Of course, they feel the same about us conservative wackos that want to subject our beliefs upon us. The difference being, that it was a spiritual basis upon which this country and the constitution was constructed. It is our legacy and our heritage. It therefore should not be changed to appease the minority. The most recent move is to change the Nation's Pledge of Allegiance; to omit the words, "Under God". It would read, "...One Nation, Indivisible..." An Atheist group of self proclaimed skeptics, have paid for a billboard that reads just that way. They claim it is to show that the country is "One Nation, Indivisible", yet their tactics clearly are aimed at dividing.
Now I don't condone vandalism or the breaking of the law, but I love that some Patriotic, God-fearing (never mind what religion) vigilante took it upon themselves to spray paint the words, "Under God" where they belong. Hoozah to you Patriot! Hoozah! Better yet, I love that the sign agency conveniently is unable to change the billboard until after the 4th of July. If there should be any words added, I move that we add the word, "Amen" to be placed at the end.
5 comments:
LOVE IT!
BTW, I'm so "proud" that it's from a group in North Carolina.
While I don't condone breaking the law and/or vandalism either we must remember that our patriots were vigilantes that recognized change needed to be made...let's do add Amen.
As I thought more about this, I realized that the pledge may have evolved over time. I looked into it and turns out it has. In fact, the words, "Under God" were actually added in 1954. Interesting to know. Check it out.
http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm
Marque, have you ever checked out Red Skelton's recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance? It is so meaningful the way he recites it.
One of the things that's hard for me is when a patriotic song is not sung standing. In church I always have the impulse to stand, even if I'm the only one.
Post a Comment