Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Random Ramblings From A Cluttered Mind

Yesterday was election day. As I drove home, I passed a major intersection at a freeway off-ramp and saw politician, Gordon Miner, desiring to be elected to City Council standing on an island waving to passerbys and begging for votes. Let me immediately comment that my thoughts are not directed toward Mr. Miner. I don't know him and will choose to assume he is a fine gentleman...after all, he has not yet entered the slimy stage of state or national politics. None the less, my mind wandered down a crazy path of thoughts and it went something like this.

  • Look at that guy holding a sign on that island. He is dressed in too nice a suit to be begging for money. He may want to rethink his approach.
  • Oh! He is a politician. Miner for City Council. How can anyone pimp themselves on a street corner begging for votes?! I couldn't. That is choosing to be a beggar. Where is his pride?! If I ran for public office, I would campaign and let the cards fall where they may. I would not resort to begging on street corners.
  • Picketing or protesting or making voters aware for a good cause is one thing. Picketing or protesting or making voters aware for MY own benefit is an entirely different and selfish thing! Shame on politicians!
  • He is a nice guy, I am sure. Maybe he really believes in something. Maybe he really wants to make a difference and believes he can if elected. Maybe I should be praising him for his efforts void of concern of what others may think. After all, he is not a Senator or such. He probably still has genuine concern for his community. I have always said that I have more respect for local politicians than state, national or global politicians. I need to give him the benefit of doubt.
  • Man, I really hate politicians. I am quite the skeptic and don't trust them on either side of the row! Career politicians really suck! I vow to never become a career politician! If I ever become a career politician, my first item of business is to limit the terms one may serve in the Senate. That is a cash cow for those crooks!
  • I wonder if we should go to Europe instead of Hawaii in February.
  • I am fat!
  • Maybe I should set a goal that if I lose 50 lbs. I can reward myself with a trip to Europe with Sarah. I think Europe would be fun.
  • Hmmm...I feel bad for thinking mean things about that Miner character. I am sure he is a good guy. I hope he wins. Then again, maybe he is a schmuck!
BTW ~ Apparently Mr. Miner didn't win, which actually makes me sad after all his efforts. Better luck next time Gordo!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You are too funny! Isn't it amazing the way our mind works when we are talking/arguing with ourselves?

While I was reading it I was thinking, Marque he's doing things the old fashion way before politics became so merky. That is a good thing I think,..getting personal with your future constituents, but I guess it didn't work for him.

Kent said...

Inside the mind of an ADD individual!
Did you then pass Little Caesars and see a kid dancing with a sign and relate the two?