I was thinking about this a lot yesterday. Leah watches Sarah and I so intently. She will do whatever we does. If Sarah squints her eyes, so will Leah. If Sarah sticks out her tongue, so will Leah. If I pop my finger out of my mouth, Leah will mimic it. She is getting to the age that we will really need to be careful what we do, say, watch or listen to. Then I saw this video on a friend's blog. It is insightful and scary.
It is true that children see and children do. I hope Leah learns many things from watching us and not just from us explaining it to her. I hope she learns peace, love and charity. I hope she learns to respect Mother Earth and all it's creatures. I hope she learns to find balance in life and is always grateful. I hope she learns that she is always the master of her own attitude. I hope she learns that she can accomplish anything and have her cake and eat it too. I hope she learns to properly prioritize her wants, needs and values. I hope she learns to find compassion for everyone as Christ would. I hope she learns to be more like her Mother than her Father. I hope she learns to value and respect money. I hope she learns...I hope I can teach.
4 comments:
Great video Marque. We all need this reminder every once in a while. Even the smallest things (good and bad) influence a childs life.
After watching and reading this post I came across another blog that posted this video of Thomas S. Monson. Thought it went well with you thoughts. And I agree, I hope that I can teach my children also. Enjoy this clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTmft6wkNa4&feature=player_embedded
Powerful video. Thanks for sharing.
Marque, You made me cry. The video is very powerful.
Casey, Thomas S Monson's video goes right along with it.
When I worry about the generation coming up and what they are going to have to endure in their life times I look at their parents, who are the kids I watch growing up.
Marque, you and Sarah are doing and will do an awesome job. You surround yourself with people who will also help you set an example to Leah. I love watching Jim and Sam raising Hailey & Mady and how they thrive with the love surrounding them. I see Scott & Cynthia already preparing tenaciously to parent. So many of you who read this blog and write so many inspirational things on your sites set my mind and heart at ease. Your children are blessed to have you as parents. Just always remember to show them JOY in you. And LOVE.
Okay end of mumtrosper's soapbox, back to your regular scheduled programming....
Post a Comment