We live in the greatest neighborhood ever! We do so much together and enjoy each other's company greatly. I often hear stories of friends who don't get along with their neighbors and I consider myself blessed. We love our neighbors and they love us!
Luckily, my health improved in time to attend the annual Meadowbrook Valentine's getaway. Our neighbors, Brad and Lisa, own a cabin in Timber Lakes, Utah. It is hard to call it a cabin, as it is 10,000 square feet and sleeps 20 in beds. We really had a fun time. Thanks, Brad and Lisa. We arrived to 7 feet of snow at 5pm Friday night. We had a great meal prepared by the ladies. The men sang a couple songs and presented their wives with a flower. Actually only four sang and the others, me included, played supporting roles. After dinner we played games and enjoyed each other's company.
The following morning we had the best breakfast ever, stuffed French bread French toast. It has become a tradition on this outing. We did some shoveling of snow and head out on the snow mobiles. Those sleds really fly. I can't believe how beautiful it was and how much unchartered territory there was to explore. I wish my camera batteries didn't die. It was freezing cold though. Regrettably, I didn't put on a helmet or goggles and my glasses kept fogging up. I couldn't take them off because my eyeballs would be pelted with snow! I toughed it out and ended up with a white and snowy goatee. I hope I don't get sick again.
Again, we are so blessed to live in the neighborhood we do. We have so many good friends as a result of prayerfully selecting where we live. President Eyring pointed this out when he last visited our stake for conference recently. He said, "The people residing in this exact area do not live here by chance. They were specifically drawn to this location and have been gathered." Of course, that is not a exact quote, but close enough. We felt that way when we selected to live where we live. There were things we did not like about this home, but we knew it was where we should be. That has been proven time and time again. We can pick a better home, but we can not pick better neighbors. Meadowbrook Subdivision Rocks!
2 comments:
It sounds like so much fun!
I am so glad you got such a great neighborhood, but make no mistake, you bring to the mix what you want to create. You and Sarah are part of what makes it great.
I had a great experience as a child in my neighborhood with "Neighbor 'Labor'Day" In each neighbors yard was an activity viz., badmitton, ping pong, horseshoes etc and at one of they houses we would have the potluck. How much fun was that? We were so fortunate to have great neighbors in Chino too. "The Larkspur Mafia" had great block parties and created awesome friendships. Each of you took that history, and that desire into the neighborhoods of your adulthood and have such good friendships there.
And the tradition will continue!
I'm so glad you have the Meadow Brook Group!
Q, I agree! Meadowbrook ROCKS! What great neighbors and friends to lean on. I just saw your blog link from Rudy's and thought I would check it out. We just started one as well.
Peace Out Brother!
Jared
Post a Comment