Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fond Memories of Home

This last week was fun and conjured up many fond memories of home for me. Sunday, my brother, Scott, rolled through town on his way home from the bike ralley in Sturgis, SD. It is always great to see my family. On Tuesday night we went to dinner with a childhood friend from home, Kirt. We enjoyed sharing stories and memories. Thursday for lunch we met with my close friend whom I grew up. Eric and his family are also attempting to adopt for their third time. We wish them luck. On Saturday, we drove to Layton to visit with Kelly, Ryan and Paul. All friends from home as well. Eight hours later, our sides hurt from laughing. I have been so blessed with a great family and wonderful friends. I did feel sorry for Sarah that she had to sit there listening to all of us share stories that she had no part of. She says she had fun and enjoyed all the stories. I hope my familiy and friends value me as much as I value them.

4 comments:

VAN BUSTRUCKS said...

There certainly had better not been any hospital stories shared among the Burgon clan!!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I believe a story involving Havasu Falls may have entered the conversation.

Timbo said...

I hope that any stories about Havasu Falls involved either; a) petals around the rose, b) Q, Eric, Mike & Mont - skinnydipping or c) Q, Mike & Mont thinking that they were "hotstuff" and trying to pick up on chicks on the trip. Did any of those topics come up? How about Mont hiking up on the last day in a towel (in the buff under that towel) because he essentiall had a diaper rash from being wet somuch. Or maybe it was from the skinnydipping?!! Should I go on Q? Does Sarah know about any of this? I would love to fill her in--

Anonymous said...

Tim, tell Mom more!!!!