Lately, We have been on an entertainment kick. It has been fun, but It will make a person go broke!
Last month we saw Rush in concert. The concert was to promote their new album "Snakes and Arrows". This is a good album, but the concert was a bit slow until they went away from the newer stuff and rocked out with their old stuff. What a talented bunch of guys. They are getting older, but still wail!
Last Friday we went to see Weird Al Yankovich perform at the state fair. I got Sarah those tickets for her birthday. I must admit, I was not excited to go. I will also admit, I had a blast! I will definately see him perform again. He still looks the same as he did 25 years ago. That was an interesting audience. Pound for pound the largest audience I have ever seen. There were so many HUGE nerds there. I am a big guy, but I felt like the little one!
This Saturday we will be attending the Broadway hit, "Spamalot", which is a musical rendering of the Monty Python's "Search for the Holy Grail". It should be really fun and comical. This was Sarah's Anniversary present from me.
Next month we will be at the Jimmy Buffet concert in Las Vegas. I love Jimmy Buffet's music, but have never been to one of his concerts. I am pretty sure that Sarah and I will be among the few sober at the event. We are going with our neighbors Joe and Brenda. I am looking forward to it.
Of course, we will be attending only one USC game this year and that will be against Stanford. Sarah has been to several away games, but never to a home game, so she is excited too. Fight On!
Last, but not least, I just bought tickets to see The Trans-Siberian Orchestra in November. If anyone reading this has never seen TSO perform live, you need to. I remember first hearing about how good they were, but dismissed it as "hype". Let me tell you....after we went last year, we decided that we will go every year from here on out! It is that amazing. Seriously, you need to go.
Well, in between all these fun events, we are just trying to chill and save money for the basement and our vacation.
Aloha Nui Loa!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
That's Entertainment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
The Broadway Hit "Spamalot" was so fun to watch. If you liked "The Search for the Holy Grail", you will love "Spamalot"!
Sarah's brother Josh gave us tickets to see They Might Be Giants for free last night. It was very fun; quite intimate...only about 900 people attended.
Hi! Marque. Just sitting here reading your blog. Loved hearing about all the entertainment you have been experiencing. But have to say that all the football talk between you and Tim made me yawn a little. Ok, A LOT. Great to hear from you though. We miss you guys. Come visit sometime and take a look every now and then at our blog. We'd love your feedback.
-Casey
You guys are always doing something fun! I'm jealous.
Casey, I am sorry my football talk with Tim bores you. It is who we are. I like good football and Tim likes UC-LAME.
Jes, The USC game ended up not being fun! We played awful! I can't believe we lost to Stanford! It was at least fun to see my family.
Anyone who knows us, knows we love music. We are fortunate to attend many live performances. We have seen many amazingly talented performers and have had so much fun doing so. Such fun performances as, Barenaked Ladies, Weird Al Yankovic, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Aerosmith, and the list goes on. This weekend's concert tops them all...Jimmy Buffet and the Coral Reefer Band was so much fun!
Sarah and I went with our neighbors who happen to be Parrotheads. The four of us were more than likely the only sober fans in attendance and the most normal dressed! Jimmy Buffet fans know how to have a fun time celebrating music. Everyone was sooooo friendly and we made friends at every turn. We sang together and laughed at each other and had an all around great time. Thanks, Jimmy!
Take the weather with you where ever you go!
Whew! We just got back from the Caribbean and I thought I could relax.....wishful thinking. Sarah's brother got us free tickets to go see the English Beat perform. The Beat was my favorite band in high school so I could not pass it up. It was fun even though it was a small crowd of about 400.
Next on the agenda, TSO.
The Trans Siberian Orchestra is a Christmas tradition that every family should have. This is an amazing show. Great music, great story telling, great Christmas spirit, great lazer show, great pyrotechnics, and even snow!
Seriously, if you have never been, make it a point to go. $1 from every ticket goes to a great cause that serves your community, such as the Utah food bank. This band is amazing.
Post a Comment